Saturday, August 9, 2014

Help You Mend

you’re too young to know any way out and you were drinking long before
anyone had time to show
no one knew this day was sad for thinking but then a fading trend and
everybody really wants to know
we have tough breaks, we have people to face, we have time
before you have to feel that again
we have fire on our burnt skin and it will heal
before you have to feel that again
I will help you mend
no one saw the statue in the road, or that the falling wind was cold
and you didn’t tell them all you had seen
a truer mark of you would only hide in me
and I still couldn’t set you free
or pull the only person back you had been

there’s nothing like the lonely feeling of falling
but I will be pulling you back
there’s nothing like the lonely feeling of mourning
I won’t let it find me again

No comments:

Post a Comment